Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Trending Bracelets for 2013

Ever since the start of the year, 2013, bracelets are seem to be everywhere; specifically, Beaded Wrap and Leather Bracelets are HOT!  
Natural leather, dyed leather, paired with seed beads, chunky beads, silver and gold accents, you'll see it all this year.
It seemed we'd never get through the owl, nature, leaf, Woodland trend, but this year things changed in a big way.  It's all about a more urban, edgier look.  'Boho Chic' is all I hear! It seems that you can have your Bohemian creative style, but often you live and work in the city, so you need to incorporate a more urban, professional cool vibe.
It's both fun and challenging to be a jewelry designer when trends do an abrupt about face.  You just 'settle' into a comfortable style, and all of a sudden, you're designs are so dated.  There's nothing to do but, jump in and try to incorporate your personal style on the trends of the day.
This bracelet combines bone,and tribal beads with Tibetan Silver, leather and a cool silver detailed button. 
This is the year of the bracelet - That's where I am seeing the biggest opportunity for creativity and self expression.  I've always been a bead collector, so it's been fun to pull bead my stash out of  mothballs, and use them in a new way.  I especially love the wrap bracelets, where you can combine lots of fun colors and textures.  I love to stay within a three color range and combine metals, and beads.
I found some strands of colorful shells in Madrid last fall, and brought them home to combine with Starfish and gold shell charms, and crystals for this colorful wrap bracelet. 
Turquoise is my personal favorite summer color.  It's so clean and crisp with white, but you can also pair with coral and brown, and especially natural linen.
More shells from Madrid with brown and teal crystals.
I saved one of my all time favorites for last.  I think it must be the color combination, but I love the cheerfulness of this bracelet, perfect for summer, but I see this going well into the fall season too!
All of these styles are from my Etsy Shop https://www.etsy.com/people/Redpeonycreations?ref=si_pr, but look around and you'll see these fun styles everywhere.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for this information. I have to let you know I concur on several of the points you make here and others may require some further review, but I can see your viewpoint.
    Bracelets

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding your comment to my blog!

 
UA-10219646-6