Wednesday, October 05, 2011

A Step Back in Time

It was like stepping back in time, staying at this charming Inn in Selah WA. thewinecountryinn.com The home had such charm, I found myself going a little crazy with the photos.  There's far too many for one post, so you'll have to bear with me as I give you my impressions of this lovely place over a series of posts. 
This lovely old Craftsman style house, built in 1922 and lovingly restored by the owners, and been turned into the most charming Bed and Breakfast!
It reminded me of places on the East coast that Rick and I stayed at when we first were married, 30 years ago.  Inn Keepers, Gerry Moore and Brett, were more like a friends when we left, than a hosts.  You could really see the passion Gerry has for her home and for making her guests feel welcome.
  Everywhere there was such attention to detail...nothing was overlooked in creating a magical atmosphere for people to relax and enjoy. 
The quilt on this lovely hammock was an heirloom from Gerry's family.  Couldn't you just imagine  curling up with a book in such a lovely setting?    
I could just see people sitting out on the lawn on a lovely summer's evening, enjoying a glass of  Pinot Gris and sharing the day's events.
.
 Everywhere I looked there was a lovely little scene, and I'm sure, a story.
 I loved this old barn with tons of character, like something out of a movie set. 
 A Photo Op everywhere.
The apples were just about ready to harvest, and there was an apple picking event planned to make applesauce, and cider. How perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding your comment to my blog!

 
UA-10219646-6