Thursday, January 14, 2010

Watercolor Journey - cards

I found some blank postcards for painting that are actually a perfect size for a greeting and miniture watercolor.  I always have a hard time finding greeting cards to send.  I will often stand reading the Hallmark offerings in the racks and finding them too sappy or psudo funny, and end up leaving without a purchase.  I was inspired to paint some greetings when I had thank you's to write and birthday cards to send. 

I'm loving using artist quality paints, rather than the student grade that had been in my art bag. 

The colors are much richer than the wimpy ones I was getting before. See below:

It' always fun to have my Kannie cat helping out.  She tries to contribute to my art projects by laying on the colorwheel!  Note that isn't a mirage that you're seeing. It really is a Christmas Tree in the room in the middle of January.  When I suggest taking it down, Dear Husband says "Oh let's leave it up another night!"  And so it goes....

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your kind comment on my blog. I am glad to hear you have found your way back to watercolor, it is awesome! I am looking forward to seeing your future works.
    Take Care,
    Krista

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding your comment to my blog!

 
UA-10219646-6