Tuesday, December 29, 2009

It's Snowing!


Scenes from the back deck after
the Big Snow of 2008!  Below, looking out the window of my favorite room
 
Last year we had 3 feet of snow at Christmas and couldn't leave the house for days!  This year, I didn't want a repeat with memories of instant Fondue and fruit for Christmas dinner still fresh in my mind. When we finally did get to the grocery store, all the produce, meat and dairy sections were cleaned out!  Not to mention that church services were cancelled, work was missed and presents weren't delivered.  Still, when we had brilliant blue skies on this Christmas Day, I was reminded of my California childhood when I longed for real seasons, instead of the 70 degrees that we uually had during holiday time.

Today, I found myself running errands across town when the snowflakes stared falling.  Just an hour earlier the weatherman said to ignore the snow since it would quickly change to rain.  Fat Chance!  Those of us who have lived to the Pacific Northwest for a while know that the weather up here can turn on a dime. Luckily, I dashed home and soon those flurries turned into 4 inches of snow.  Rush hour traffic was tied up for hours. Still, if you are home, it's hard to beat the beauty and quiet of a snowday.  Everything slows down, and it's not a bad thing that you have to too!



A view across the creek.
Couldn't resist a shot from outside into our familyroom.  It still feels like Christmas.

Happy New Year Everyone!  I'm definitely looking forward to a new year and a new decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding your comment to my blog!

 
UA-10219646-6