Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Do You Have a Favorite Room?

What makes a room, your favorite room? The other day I was sitting in my livingroom and thinking how calm I always feel when I'm there. To me, being surrounded by my family photos and books make it a place I want to come to and sip a hot cup of tea. Part of the appeal, I must admit, is that the window opens up to a beautiful greenspace. No matter what time of year, we are surrounded by Nature's beauty. Perhaps, there's no more beautiful time than fall, than when the trees turn and I look out onto a wall of yellow leaves.





What else makes this room so special? For me it's twinkle lights on the wire sculpture that I have in the corner. And, always lots of candles! When the days get shorter, I want to keep the lights on as long as possible. There's year-round twinkle lights here. I figure they last 4 months at a time, so I stock up at Christmas. They're low voltage and don't use a lot of energy, so I don't feel too badly running then 24-7. If I find out otherwise, I'll have to find some other way to let the light in.

Stop by, the tea is on and maybe I'll even locate that box of Lemon Biscotti.  There's a chair waiting for you!


What is your favorite room?  Why?  Please comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding your comment to my blog!

 
UA-10219646-6