Friday, July 24, 2009

Blueberry Pie

My friend Andrea sent me this wonderful recipie that her husband has made three times this season from a cookbook he got in Nova Scotia. Wow, a man that bakes! Anyway, last night I had the college kids home, and wanted to make something quick and easy for dessert-this pie was a hit! I made two pies and one instantly vaporized!

This morning I sliced into the second one to photograph just how yummy it looked, just as friends showed up to show off their garage sale treasures. Needless to say, my sample disappeared in no time. Before the blueberries go out of season, you might want to give this a try. It's quick, easy, and a crowd pleaser!

Nova Scotia Blueberry Crumb Pie

1 unbaked, deep 9 " pie shell

1/4 c. flour or 2 T. cornstarch

2/3 c. sugar

4 c. Blueberries

2 T. lemon juice

Mix above and pour into a non-pricked pie shell.


Topping:

1/2 c flour

1/2 tsp. cinnamon

1/4 c hard butter

1/3 c. brown sugar


Sprinkle over berries and press down


Bake at 425' for 20 minutes, and then 350' for 45 minutes


Cool before serving. I added a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding your comment to my blog!

 
UA-10219646-6